- FUNGUSCHAIN Valorisation of mushroom agrowastes to obtain high value products Term November 1st, 2016 – October 31st, 2020 Project The project aims at the valorization of agricultural residues coming from mushroom (Agaricus Bisporus) farming residues as a case to set up new cascading possibilities using innovative procedures to extract high value bio-based additives (antioxidants, antimicrobials, proteins), […]
- BIOBOTTLE Biodegradable solutions for packaging of liquid dairy products Term May 1st, 2014 – April 30th, 2016 Project This research proposal intends to develop innovative plastic bottles and bags manufactured in biodegradable materials that fulfil the requirements for packaging of different types of dairy products. One of the main drawbacks for the wide application of biodegradable […]
- Review of information on enzyme-mediated degradable plastics – Deconinck, S. and De Wilde, B. OWS reviewed the publically available information on the biodegradability and compostability of “enzyme-mediated degradable plastics”, with a specific focus on 5 companies (May 2014)
- Drius Industrial implementation of a biodegradable and compostable flat micro-irrigation system for agricultural application Term November 1st, 2013 – October 31st, 2015 Project DRIUS is the continuation of a previous project called HYDRUS (FP7/2007-2013-Grant Agreement 231975), where new biodegradable micro-irrigation pipes were developed and satisfactorily manufactured in industrial extrusion lines. The main focus of the present […]
- Degradation in other environments In case the product’s intended disposal route does not include industrial or home composting, other conditions need to be selected, representative for the environment in which the product will need to degrade after being disposed of. In this context, different environments can be selected, including soil, fresh water, marine water, anaerobic digestion or landfill. OWS […]
- About OWS OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.
- Accreditations Biodegradability and compostability testing OWS is the only laboratory worldwide which is recognized by all certification bodies active in the field of biodegradability and compostability (click the logos below for more info): Inspection services Compost analyses Finally, OWS is also accredited as one of the Belgian laboratories for compost analyses:
- Introduction The Lab & Consulting department holds approx. 40 employees and is divided in 5 main divisions offering services in biodegradability, compostability and ecotoxicity testing, physico-chemical characterization of compost and soil, consultancy and support in anaerobic digestion, auditing, controlling and sorting of different waste streams and transition to sustainability. Testing is done under conditions of strict […]
- Lab & Consulting Services The Lab & Consulting department offers services in biodegradability, compostability and ecotoxicity testing, consultancy and support in anaerobic digestion, auditing, controlling and sorting of different waste streams and sustainable development. This department is also involved in the further development of new Carbon Capture & Utilization technologies.
OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.