- 25 years of bioplastics degradation testing – A journey Article in Bioplastics Magazine taking you on a journey to the world of biodegradability and compostability testing throughout the years.
- 25 years of bioplastics degradation testing – A journey OWS (Organic Waste Systems) is one of the world’s leading experts in biodegradability, compostability and ecotoxicity testing of different types of materials, including bioplastics. The journey started in 1990 – right around the time when the first bioplastics entered the market.
- A one-stop shop for biodegradability testing Article in Packaging Europe highlighting the growth of OWS’ biodegradability, compostability and ecotoxicity testing division.
- BIOBOTTLE Biodegradable solutions for packaging of liquid dairy products Term May 1st, 2014 – April 30th, 2016 Project This research proposal intends to develop innovative plastic bottles and bags manufactured in biodegradable materials that fulfil the requirements for packaging of different types of dairy products. One of the main drawbacks for the wide application of biodegradable […]
- Review of information on enzyme-mediated degradable plastics – Deconinck, S. and De Wilde, B. OWS reviewed the publically available information on the biodegradability and compostability of “enzyme-mediated degradable plastics”, with a specific focus on 5 companies (May 2014)
- Drius Industrial implementation of a biodegradable and compostable flat micro-irrigation system for agricultural application Term November 1st, 2013 – October 31st, 2015 Project DRIUS is the continuation of a previous project called HYDRUS (FP7/2007-2013-Grant Agreement 231975), where new biodegradable micro-irrigation pipes were developed and satisfactorily manufactured in industrial extrusion lines. The main focus of the present […]
- Degradation in other environments In case the product’s intended disposal route does not include industrial or home composting, other conditions need to be selected, representative for the environment in which the product will need to degrade after being disposed of. In this context, different environments can be selected, including soil, fresh water, marine water, anaerobic digestion or landfill. OWS […]
- About OWS OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.
- Quality Biodegradability and compostability testing As an independent contract-research laboratory, OWS has built up a world-wide reputation in the field of biodegradability and compostability testing. In this context, the specific laboratory activities are following ISO 17025 rules as much as possible, this in combination with the rules of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). OWS is the only […]
- Introduction The Lab & Consulting department holds approx. 40 employees and is divided in 5 main divisions offering services in biodegradability, compostability and ecotoxicity testing, physico-chemical characterization of compost and soil, consultancy and support in anaerobic digestion, auditing, controlling and sorting of different waste streams and transition to sustainability. Testing is done under conditions of strict […]
OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.