- MEGACO Organic Waste Systems (OWS) has developed the MEGACO process as a solution for the growing imbalance on electricity markets due to the increased share of RES, while also providing a valuable CCU service (Carbon Capture and Utilization). The MEGACO process was developed on lab-scale and was validated on pilot-scale. OWS is currently looking for opportunities to demonstrate this new technology on an industrial scale.
- VOLATILE VOLATILE – Biowaste derived volatile fatty acid platform for biopolymers, bioactive compounds and chemical building blocks. Term December 1st, 2016 – November 30th, 2020 Project Worldwide, there is a growing appreciation that the management and utilization of natural resources needs to be improved. The demand on natural resources has been growing fast and exceeds what […]
- Integrating digester & tunnel composter in France The Ecocea anaerobic digestion and composting facility is expected to process 73.000 tons of household waste and 8.000 tons of green waste per year, with biomethane fed into an industrial natural gas network.
- Bourg-en-Bresse 2016 The latest flagship of OWS is situated in Bourg-en-Bresse, France. This plant is making clean compost from mixed waste, by means of the SORDISEP-process.
- DRANCO technology covered in Biocycle Magazine OWS is a leader in partial stream digestion. A full article was dedicated to this concept and our technology in the Biocycle magazine of November 2014.
- Degradation in other environments In case the product’s intended disposal route does not include industrial or home composting, other conditions need to be selected, representative for the environment in which the product will need to degrade after being disposed of. In this context, different environments can be selected, including soil, fresh water, marine water, anaerobic digestion or landfill. OWS […]
- DRANCO-FARM OWS has developed the DRANCO-FARM dry digestion technology to produce renewable energy out of organic substrates such as energy crops, crop residues, agro-industrial by-products etc. The degradation of organic matter takes place under anaerobic conditions in a vertical digester. The degradable fraction is converted into biogas. The biogas can be used for the production of […]
- Feasability – Input material To assure that the input substrates will have no adverse effect on the process, several parameters need to be analyzed, providing a first impression of the suitability of a product for anaerobic digestion. Selection test In case the waste contains impurities (e.g. municipal solid waste), a thorough pre-treatment will be necessary. A selection test will […]
- Feasability – Digestate The output after anaerobic digestion (as such or after post-treatment) can have many applications (direct use as fertilizer, compost after post-treatment, cover in landfilling,…). To evaluate what application offers the best options, it is important to analyse several parameters on the output. The selection of the necessary parameters happens in consultation with the client and […]
- DRANCO The DRANCO (DRy ANaerobic COmposting) process is an advanced biotechnological process for an environmentally friendly and cost-effective treatment of organics derived from municipal solid waste. With its long experience and its extended reference list, the DRANCO process is a well-known and reliable anaerobic digestion technology. The DRANCO technology is marketed throughout the world by OWS […]
OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.