- OWS now also recognized by DIN CERTCO for home compostability and biobased testing Early June, OWS was granted an extended certificate covering now, besides industrial compostability, also home compostability and biobased testing
- Industrial Compostability After many years of development and intensive discussions in normalization committees, requirements for industrial compostability have become well established and have been firmly fixed in several norms. In all of the above norms, the same 4 essential requirements are specified: Biodegradation shows quantitatively the inherent characteristic of the material to be consumed by microorganisms and […]
- Compostability of Waxed-Paper Packaging: the Proof In: The Paper Index Times, 28/01/2013
- Home Compostability While the first norms on industrial compostability were already published at the turn of the century, it took 10 more years to create a norm on home compostability. Based on AS 4736, the Australian norm on industrial compostability, Australian Standards published in 2010 world’s first norm on home compostability: AS 5810. Nevertheless, several other certification […]
- Biodegradability, Compostability & Ecotoxicity (BCE) “One-stop laboratory for biodegradability and compostability testing with more than 20 years of experience” General OWS does not only offer testing for certification purposes, but provides assistance throughout the entire process of product development: preliminary research, research and development, certification, finished products from the market, products from competitors,…. In case of certification, testing is performed […]
- Online Webinar on Biodegradability: An expert panel around testing, impact and materials On April 22nd a webinar was organized by Sustainable Brands and VEOCEL™, a global brand for biodegradable fibers. Goal of the webinar was the presentation and discussion on biodegradability in terms of its real meaning, environmental impacts and laboratory testing and certification. OWS was invited to participate and was represented by Lab Manager Bruno De Wilde, expert […]
- BIOnTop BIOnTop – Novel packaging films and textiles with tailored end of life and performance based on bio-based copolymers and coatings Term June 1st, 2019 – May 31st, 2023 Project The project aims to develop a range of complementary bio-plastics and coatings, where possible derived from readily-available agro-food by-products, with improved biodegradability properties. These developed […]
- SEALIVE Strategies of circular economy and advanced bio-based solutions to keep our lands and seas alive from plastic contamination Term October 1st, 2019 – September 31st, 2023 Project The project aims to combine its advanced bioplastic solutions with cutting-edge processing technology and develop sustainable business models for their use. By improving current bio-based formulas as well […]
- Citruspack’s latest newsletter Discover how Citruspack project will turn citrus side-streams into innovative and eco-friendly additives and products.
- Citruspack Citruspack – Revalorization strategies within the circular economy for the use of citrus waste in green packaging and cosmetics. Term July 1st, 2017 – June 30th, 2020 Project The project aims to demonstrate that sustainability and efficiency can be applied to agricultural and industrial practices by researching and boosting the potential of byproducts through their […]
OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.