OWS is a world leader in the testing of the biodegradability and compostability of different types of materials. The company has been working for a sustainable future for more than 30 years and is always looking for people who want to participate in the development / sale / expansion of environmentally friendly and sustainable solutions.
Headquartered in Ghent, Belgium, OWS is committed to Corporate Social Responsibility and is a stable and growing company in the ecological testing of materials. OWS has recently opened a new testing facility located in Kettering, Ohio, USA and has one (1) full-time opening for a laboratory technician.
1. Job Description
As a laboratory technician you fulfill a key role in supporting the technical specialist and study director in executing the routine operation of a laboratory facility as well as assisting in various compostability and biodegradation experiments.
2. Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in science
- Coursework in chemistry and organic chemistry required
- Prior experience in a commercial or academic laboratory space
- Must be able to operate basic and advanced laboratory equipment (balances, pH meter, conductance meter, titrator, gas chromatograph)
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Must have extreme attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and comfortability working alone and as part of a small team
- Must be flexible in the execution of daily lab tasks
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds
- Telework not available
- Ability to commute/relocate: Dayton, OH 45440: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work
- Full time employment, Monday through Friday
- Immediate employment preferred
- Salary will be dependent on experience
- Health insurance options
- Paid time off
- IRA with match
- Pay: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Schedule: 8 hour shift