OWS is a world leader in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, testing the biodegradability and compostability of different types of materials and providing advice on waste management. The company has been working for more than 30 years towards a sustainable future and is always looking for people who want to participate in the development / sale / expansion of environmentally friendly and sustainable solutions.
Through a patented process (DRANCO process), we convert various waste streams into biogas and compost on an industrial scale. These installations are designed at our headquarters in Ghent and built worldwide.
OWS is committed to Corporate Social Responsibility and is a stable and growing Flemish company at the top of the international sector with regard to biogas, the processing of organic waste and biodegradation.
To reinforce the DRANCO team, OWS is currently looking for a:
Project Manager (m/f/x)
1 Job description
As a project manager in the DRANCO team you are responsible for, among other things:
- The general follow-up and coordination of assigned ongoing projects, at home and abroad;
- the communication of information and documents with customers, sub-suppliers, the project team and the higher management;
- negotiating with suppliers and customers;
- organizing and leading project meetings, as well as providing sufficient reporting;
- proactively assessing risks and providing appropriate measures;
- motivate project team members to follow quality procedures and report opportunities for improvement or problems;
- planning and reporting status and progress to senior management.
- Higher technical education (at least a Master’s degree in Industrial Sciences);
- extensive knowledge of and interest in all electromechanical aspects of our installations;
- at least a few years of experience in a similar position;
- knowledge of project management methodologies and experience in working with project deadlines;
- strong analytical and creative thinking skills;
- good communication skills;
- leadership skills;
- being stress resistant;
- having good knowledge of the standard Office application and MS-Project;
- elaborate language skills (at least good knowledge of Dutch, English and French; knowledge of German is not required but beneficial);
- basic knowledge of quality systems (ISO 9001);
- willingness for short trips and follow up of projects abroad.
3 Our offer
OWS offers you a job in an international and growing environmental company with a focus on sustainability. The offices are located near the center of Ghent and are easily accessible by public transport, bicycle and car.
Furthermore we offer you:
- Full-time employment. 40-hour week with 12 ADV-days on an annual basis.
- Immediate commencement of employment possible.
- Flexibility with regard to the desired timetable.
- Additional internal company training.
- The salary package is in line with the market conditions and includes a group insurance and meal vouchers from 6 months of service onwards.
You can apply by e-mail to email@example.com (clearly mentioning the vacancy in question) or in writing to OWS nv, for the attention of Piet Smis, Dok-Noord 5, 9000 Ghent.