- Report on current relevant biodegradation and ecotoxicity standards – B. De Wilde, N. Mortier & S. Verstichel (OWS), D. Briassoulis, M. Babou, A. Mistriotis & M. Hiskakis (Agricultural University of Athens) Deliverable of KBBPPS project (Knowledge Based Bio-based Products’ Pre-Standardization) funded by the European Union Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013 under grant agreement n° KBBE/FP7EN/312060/KBBPPS).
- Biodegradation Testing Protocols – De Wilde, B. Degradable Polymers and Materials – Principles & Practice,33-43, 2012. Editors: Khemani, K. and Scholz, C. ACS Publications.
- Biodegradation of cyclodextrins in soil – Fenyvesi, E., Gruiz, K., Verstichel, S., De Wilde, B., Leitgib, L., Csabai, K. and Szaniszlo, N. Chemosphere, 60, 1001-1008, 2005.
- Comparative Biodegradation Study Using Different Polymers in Different Soils – De Wilde, B. and Verstichel, S. KTBL Schrift, 414, 135-143, 2003.
- Biodegradation of a starch containing thermoplastic in standardized test systems – Scandola, M., Finelli, L., Sarti, B., Mergaert, J., Swings, J., Ruffieux, K., Wintermantel, E., Boelens, J., De Wilde, B., Müller, W.-R., Schäfer, A., Fink, A.-B. and Bader, H.G. Journal of Macromolecular Science – Pure and Applied Chemistry, 4, 589-608, 1998
- Standard Test Methods for Polymer Biodegradation in Solid Waste Treatment Systems – De Baere, L., De Wilde, B. and Tillinger, R. Biodegradable Plastics and Polymers, 323-330, 1993. Editors: Doi, Y. and Fukuda, K. Elsevier, Amsterdam
- Expert statement : (Bio)degradable mulching films OWS’ most recent expert statement on the possible accumulation of plastics in the soil is now available for download
- Expert statement : (Bio)degradable mulching films The first part discusses the biochemical pathway of biodegradation and more particularly the meaning of complete biodegradation in soil. The second part touches on the possible accumulation of plastics in the soil as a result of repetitive use of both non-biodegradable and biodegradable mulching films.
- AgriMax Agri and food waste valorisation co-ops based on flexible multi-feedstocks biorefinery processing technologies for new high added value applications Term October 1st, 2016 – September 30th, 2020 Project Approximately one third of all food produced globally is wasted every year throughout the whole value chain-from farmers to consumers. To extract the significant amounts of valuable […]
- Open-Bio Opening bio-based markets via standards, labelling and procurement Term November 1st, 2013 – October 31st, 2016 Project Open-Bio is the follow-up project to the FP7 research project called KBBPPS (Knowledge Based Bio-based Products’ Pre-Standardization) and kicked off in November 2013. It comprises a broader consortium consisting of the KBBPPS group and a number of new […]
OWS est un leader mondial dans la construction et l'exploitation des digesteurs anaérobies, en contrôle de la biodégradabilité des polymères et des conseils sur la gestion des déchets.