- Compostability of Waxed-Paper Packaging: the Proof In: The Paper Index Times, 28/01/2013
- Citruspack’s latest newsletter Discover how Citruspack project will turn citrus side-streams into innovative and eco-friendly additives and products.
- Citruspack Citruspack – Revalorization strategies within the circular economy for the use of citrus waste in green packaging and cosmetics. Term July 1st, 2017 – June 30th, 2020 Project The project aims to demonstrate that sustainability and efficiency can be applied to agricultural and industrial practices by researching and boosting the potential of byproducts through their […]
- 25 years of bioplastics degradation testing – A journey Article in Bioplastics Magazine taking you on a journey to the world of biodegradability and compostability testing throughout the years.
- 25 years of bioplastics degradation testing – A journey OWS (Organic Waste Systems) is one of the world’s leading experts in biodegradability, compostability and ecotoxicity testing of different types of materials, including bioplastics. The journey started in 1990 – right around the time when the first bioplastics entered the market.
- A one-stop shop for biodegradability testing Article in Packaging Europe highlighting the growth of OWS’ biodegradability, compostability and ecotoxicity testing division.
- FUNGUSCHAIN Valorisation of mushroom agrowastes to obtain high value products Term November 1st, 2016 – October 31st, 2020 Project The project aims at the valorization of agricultural residues coming from mushroom (Agaricus Bisporus) farming residues as a case to set up new cascading possibilities using innovative procedures to extract high value bio-based additives (antioxidants, antimicrobials, proteins), […]
- BIOBOTTLE Biodegradable solutions for packaging of liquid dairy products Term May 1st, 2014 – April 30th, 2016 Project This research proposal intends to develop innovative plastic bottles and bags manufactured in biodegradable materials that fulfil the requirements for packaging of different types of dairy products. One of the main drawbacks for the wide application of biodegradable […]
- Review of information on enzyme-mediated degradable plastics – Deconinck, S. and De Wilde, B. OWS reviewed the publically available information on the biodegradability and compostability of “enzyme-mediated degradable plastics”, with a specific focus on 5 companies (May 2014)
- Drius Industrial implementation of a biodegradable and compostable flat micro-irrigation system for agricultural application Term November 1st, 2013 – October 31st, 2015 Project DRIUS is the continuation of a previous project called HYDRUS (FP7/2007-2013-Grant Agreement 231975), where new biodegradable micro-irrigation pipes were developed and satisfactorily manufactured in industrial extrusion lines. The main focus of the present […]
OWS est un leader mondial dans la construction et l'exploitation des digesteurs anaérobies, en contrôle de la biodégradabilité des polymères et des conseils sur la gestion des déchets.