- Report on current relevant biodegradation and ecotoxicity standards – B. De Wilde, N. Mortier & S. Verstichel (OWS), D. Briassoulis, M. Babou, A. Mistriotis & M. Hiskakis (Agricultural University of Athens) Deliverable of KBBPPS project (Knowledge Based Bio-based Products’ Pre-Standardization) funded by the European Union Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013 under grant agreement n° KBBE/FP7EN/312060/KBBPPS).
- Biodegradation Testing Protocols – De Wilde, B. Degradable Polymers and Materials – Principles & Practice,33-43, 2012. Editors: Khemani, K. and Scholz, C. ACS Publications.
- Biodegradation of cyclodextrins in soil – Fenyvesi, E., Gruiz, K., Verstichel, S., De Wilde, B., Leitgib, L., Csabai, K. and Szaniszlo, N. Chemosphere, 60, 1001-1008, 2005.
- Comparative Biodegradation Study Using Different Polymers in Different Soils – De Wilde, B. and Verstichel, S. KTBL Schrift, 414, 135-143, 2003.
- Biodegradation of a starch containing thermoplastic in standardized test systems – Scandola, M., Finelli, L., Sarti, B., Mergaert, J., Swings, J., Ruffieux, K., Wintermantel, E., Boelens, J., De Wilde, B., Müller, W.-R., Schäfer, A., Fink, A.-B. and Bader, H.G. Journal of Macromolecular Science – Pure and Applied Chemistry, 4, 589-608, 1998
- Standard Test Methods for Polymer Biodegradation in Solid Waste Treatment Systems – De Baere, L., De Wilde, B. and Tillinger, R. Biodegradable Plastics and Polymers, 323-330, 1993. Editors: Doi, Y. and Fukuda, K. Elsevier, Amsterdam
- Unlock Unlocking a feather bioeconomy for keratin-based agricultural products Term May 1st, 2021 – April 30th, 2025 Project Only in Europe 3,6 million tonnes of feathers are generated per year as waste of the poultry sector. Around 25% is used for animal feed or fertilisers while the rest is disposed in landfills or incinerated. Feathers contain […]
- Online event The Science Of Sustainable Fabric: An expert panel discussion Online event The Science Of Sustainable Fabric: An expert panel discussion
- CHAMPION Circular High-performance Aza-Michael Polymers as Innovative materials Originating from Nature Term June 1st, 2020 –November 30th, 2023 Project The objective of CHAMPION is to develop and demonstrate that novel bio-based polymers can be efficiently synthesised and applied in high-performance applications, beyond plastics, where the current petrochemical-derived materials are not fully fit for purpose. Technologies to […]
- MY-FI Reinventing a smart, circular and competitive textile industry with advanced mycofibres Term November 1st, 2020 – April 30th, 2024 Project The aim of MY-FI is to provide the textile industry with a new nonwoven fabrics made of mycelium fibres, with improved performances and reduced environmental impact in comparison with current commercially available fibres. Mycelium fibres […]
OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.