- SORDISEP Wet separation technology for maximum recycling and high quality compost of MSW The wet separation process is positioned after the DRANCO digester in order to treat a digestate free from sticky organic components which are converted into biogas in the digester, facilitating wet separation and optimal removal of inerts and sand. Inerts, sand and organic […]
- In Ain (France), farmers help to recycle household waste The OVADE plant treats and valorises the residual household waste of some 330.000 inhabitants of the Ain department in France. It uses a process unique in the world (SORDISEP) which ensures a high quality compost. Complying with the NF U 44-051 standard, the compost produced on the Viriat site is rich in organic matter.
- Bourg-en-Bresse 2016 The latest flagship of OWS is situated in Bourg-en-Bresse, France. This plant is making clean compost from mixed waste, by means of the SORDISEP-process.
- Feasability – Digestate The output after anaerobic digestion (as such or after post-treatment) can have many applications (direct use as fertilizer, compost after post-treatment, cover in landfilling,…). To evaluate what application offers the best options, it is important to analyse several parameters on the output. The selection of the necessary parameters happens in consultation with the client and […]
- Introduction Anaerobic digestion, much more than biogas Anaerobic digestion is the process whereby a series of biological and enzymatic processes produce biogas out of organic material, in the absence of oxygen. The biogas consists mainly out of methane (CH4, which has a high calorific value) and CO2. Biogas is a fuel derived from organic material and is […]
OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.