- OWS now also recognized by DIN CERTCO for home compostability and biobased testing Early June, OWS was granted an extended certificate covering now, besides industrial compostability, also home compostability and biobased testing
- Industrial Compostability After many years of development and intensive discussions in normalization committees, requirements for industrial compostability have become well established and have been firmly fixed in several norms. In all of the above norms, the same 4 essential requirements are specified: Biodegradation shows quantitatively the inherent characteristic of the material to be consumed by microorganisms and […]
- Compostability of Waxed-Paper Packaging: the Proof In: The Paper Index Times, 28/01/2013
- Home Compostability While the first norms on industrial compostability were already published at the turn of the century, it took 10 more years to create a norm on home compostability. Based on AS 4736, the Australian norm on industrial compostability, Australian Standards published in 2010 world’s first norm on home compostability: AS 5810. Nevertheless, several other certification […]
- Biodegradability, Compostability & Ecotoxicity (BCE) “One-stop laboratory for biodegradability and compostability testing with more than 20 years of experience” General OWS does not only offer testing for certification purposes, but provides assistance throughout the entire process of product development: preliminary research, research and development, certification, finished products from the market, products from competitors,…. In case of certification, testing is performed […]
- 25 years of bioplastics degradation testing – A journey Article in Bioplastics Magazine taking you on a journey to the world of biodegradability and compostability testing throughout the years.
- 25 years of bioplastics degradation testing – A journey OWS (Organic Waste Systems) is one of the world’s leading experts in biodegradability, compostability and ecotoxicity testing of different types of materials, including bioplastics. The journey started in 1990 – right around the time when the first bioplastics entered the market.
- A one-stop shop for biodegradability testing Article in Packaging Europe highlighting the growth of OWS’ biodegradability, compostability and ecotoxicity testing division.
- FUNGUSCHAIN Valorisation of mushroom agrowastes to obtain high value products Term November 1st, 2016 – October 31st, 2020 Project The project aims at the valorization of agricultural residues coming from mushroom (Agaricus Bisporus) farming residues as a case to set up new cascading possibilities using innovative procedures to extract high value bio-based additives (antioxidants, antimicrobials, proteins), […]
- BIOBOTTLE Biodegradable solutions for packaging of liquid dairy products Term May 1st, 2014 – April 30th, 2016 Project This research proposal intends to develop innovative plastic bottles and bags manufactured in biodegradable materials that fulfil the requirements for packaging of different types of dairy products. One of the main drawbacks for the wide application of biodegradable […]
OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.