- Report on current relevant biodegradation and ecotoxicity standards – B. De Wilde, N. Mortier & S. Verstichel (OWS), D. Briassoulis, M. Babou, A. Mistriotis & M. Hiskakis (Agricultural University of Athens) Deliverable of KBBPPS project (Knowledge Based Bio-based Products’ Pre-Standardization) funded by the European Union Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013 under grant agreement n° KBBE/FP7EN/312060/KBBPPS).
- Biodegradation Testing Protocols – De Wilde, B. Degradable Polymers and Materials – Principles & Practice,33-43, 2012. Editors: Khemani, K. and Scholz, C. ACS Publications.
- Biodegradation of cyclodextrins in soil – Fenyvesi, E., Gruiz, K., Verstichel, S., De Wilde, B., Leitgib, L., Csabai, K. and Szaniszlo, N. Chemosphere, 60, 1001-1008, 2005.
- Comparative Biodegradation Study Using Different Polymers in Different Soils – De Wilde, B. and Verstichel, S. KTBL Schrift, 414, 135-143, 2003.
- Biodegradation of a starch containing thermoplastic in standardized test systems – Scandola, M., Finelli, L., Sarti, B., Mergaert, J., Swings, J., Ruffieux, K., Wintermantel, E., Boelens, J., De Wilde, B., Müller, W.-R., Schäfer, A., Fink, A.-B. and Bader, H.G. Journal of Macromolecular Science – Pure and Applied Chemistry, 4, 589-608, 1998
- Standard Test Methods for Polymer Biodegradation in Solid Waste Treatment Systems – De Baere, L., De Wilde, B. and Tillinger, R. Biodegradable Plastics and Polymers, 323-330, 1993. Editors: Doi, Y. and Fukuda, K. Elsevier, Amsterdam
- AgriMax Agri and food waste valorisation co-ops based on flexible multi-feedstocks biorefinery processing technologies for new high added value applications Term October 1st, 2016 – September 30th, 2020 Project Approximately one third of all food produced globally is wasted every year throughout the whole value chain-from farmers to consumers. To extract the significant amounts of valuable […]
- Open-Bio Opening bio-based markets via standards, labelling and procurement Term November 1st, 2013 – October 31st, 2016 Project Open-Bio is the follow-up project to the FP7 research project called KBBPPS (Knowledge Based Bio-based Products’ Pre-Standardization) and kicked off in November 2013. It comprises a broader consortium consisting of the KBBPPS group and a number of new […]
- Drius Industrial implementation of a biodegradable and compostable flat micro-irrigation system for agricultural application Term November 1st, 2013 – October 31st, 2015 Project DRIUS is the continuation of a previous project called HYDRUS (FP7/2007-2013-Grant Agreement 231975), where new biodegradable micro-irrigation pipes were developed and satisfactorily manufactured in industrial extrusion lines. The main focus of the present […]
- Industrial Compostability After many years of development and intensive discussions in normalization committees, requirements for industrial compostability have become well established and have been firmly fixed in several norms. In all of the above norms, the same 4 essential requirements are specified: Biodegradation shows quantitatively the inherent characteristic of the material to be consumed by microorganisms and […]
OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.