- DRANCO The DRANCO (DRy ANaerobic COmposting) process is an advanced biotechnological process for an environmentally friendly and cost-effective treatment of organics derived from municipal solid waste. With its long experience and its extended reference list, the DRANCO process is a well-known and reliable anaerobic digestion technology. The DRANCO technology is marketed throughout the world by OWS […]
- SORDISEP Wet separation technology for maximum recycling and high quality compost of MSW The wet separation process is positioned after the DRANCO digester in order to treat a digestate free from sticky organic components which are converted into biogas in the digester, facilitating wet separation and optimal removal of inerts and sand. Inerts, sand and organic […]
- Consultancy & support – Analytical assistance and biological supervision Since the biological process is the heart of the anaerobic digestion plant, a good knowledge and monitoring of this process is crucial. Analytical assistance Monitoring of substrates TS-VS, Kj-N, C/N, COD,… Biogas Production Potential Nutrient content, heavy metals … Digestion parameters TS-VS NH4+-N pH FOS, TAC VFA Viscosity … Digestate characteristics Physico-chemical (TS-VS, pH, NH4+-N,…) […]
- Transbio BioTRANSformation of by-products from fruit and vegetable processing industry into valuable BIOproducts Date December 1st, 2011 – November 30th, 2015 Project TRANSBIO will target and realize different biotechnological approaches for transforming by-products from fruit and vegetable processing industry into value-added bioproducts. The project aims to reduce production costs for biopolymer PHB, bio-based succinic acid and […]
- Oli-PHA Functional Sustainable Packaging Term June 1st, 2012 – May 31st, 2015 Project The use of more sustainable materials in packaging is a key demand from the consumers while also a need for the producer in order to comply with waste reduction legislations. However, various factors generally limit the uptake of biopolymers such as processing difficulties, […]
- Consultancy & support – Electromechanical support Once the decision is made to start with anaerobic digestion, important choices have to be made regarding the necessary equipment (valves, pumps, agitators,…) and the most ideal configuration. Also in existing plants, optimization of the electromechanical equipment can lead to a more efficient process. OWS can offers assistance for both new and existing plants regarding: […]
- Household waste The introduction of anaerobic digestion into the treatment of municipal solid waste (MSW) and source separated organics (biowaste) is one of the most successful and innovative technology developments observed during the last two decades in the waste management field. Household waste organics contain energy, and Organic Waste Systems is determined to get it out!
- Introduction Anaerobic digestion, much more than biogas Anaerobic digestion is the process whereby a series of biological and enzymatic processes produce biogas out of organic material, in the absence of oxygen. The biogas consists mainly out of methane (CH4, which has a high calorific value) and CO2. Biogas is a fuel derived from organic material and is […]
- Biogas Consulting & Support (BCS) “All-round consultancy & support of anaerobic digestion projects” General Even though OWS developed several anaerobic digestion processes on its own, the expertise of BCS covers all possible anaerobic digestion processes available worldwide. As a separate department, BCS offers a unique combination of both biological and mechanical/technical knowledge, allowing independent advice and guidance at each level […]
- Fertiplus Reducing the use of mineral fertilisers and agro-chemicals by recycling treated organic waste as compost and bio-char Term December 1st, 2011 – November 30th, 2015 Project A vast quantity of organic waste is produced annually within the EU. Agriculture is the biggest contributor in organic residues, followed by yard and forestry waste, sludge waste water […]
OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.