- Household waste The introduction of anaerobic digestion into the treatment of municipal solid waste (MSW) and source separated organics (biowaste) is one of the most successful and innovative technology developments observed during the last two decades in the waste management field. Household waste organics contain energy, and Organic Waste Systems is determined to get it out!
- Dry Anaerobic Conversion of Source Separated Household Waste to Biogas and Humotex – De Wilde, B., Six, W. and De Baere, L. Journal of Resource Management and Technology, 18, 40-43, 1990
- Ayagawa 2018 Together with its partner Kurita Water Industries, OWS will construct a new DRANCO plant on the island of Shikoku in Japan. The plant will treat commercial and household waste, soiled paper, manure, rice straw and grass.
- New biogas plant for OWS in Japan OWS is proud to announce its first full-scale DRANCO plant in Japan.
- Integrating digester & tunnel composter in France The Ecocea anaerobic digestion and composting facility is expected to process 73.000 tons of household waste and 8.000 tons of green waste per year, with biomethane fed into an industrial natural gas network.
- Bourg-en-Bresse 2016 The latest flagship of OWS is situated in Bourg-en-Bresse, France. This plant is making clean compost from mixed waste, by means of the SORDISEP-process.
- OWS builds first DRANCO digestion plant in the UK OWS received a first order in the UK for its unique and patented DRANCO dry digestion technology. The digestion plant will be part of a new state-of-the-art integrated waste management facility, which will be constructed north of the city of York.
- DRANCO The DRANCO (DRy ANaerobic COmposting) process is an advanced biotechnological process for an environmentally friendly and cost-effective treatment of organics derived from municipal solid waste. With its long experience and its extended reference list, the DRANCO process is a well-known and reliable anaerobic digestion technology. The DRANCO technology is marketed throughout the world by OWS […]
- Introduction Anaerobic digestion, much more than biogas Anaerobic digestion is the process whereby a series of biological and enzymatic processes produce biogas out of organic material, in the absence of oxygen. The biogas consists mainly out of methane (CH4, which has a high calorific value) and CO2. Biogas is a fuel derived from organic material and is […]
- Fertiplus Reducing the use of mineral fertilisers and agro-chemicals by recycling treated organic waste as compost and bio-char Term December 1st, 2011 – November 30th, 2015 Project A vast quantity of organic waste is produced annually within the EU. Agriculture is the biggest contributor in organic residues, followed by yard and forestry waste, sludge waste water […]
OWS is a world leading company in the construction and operation of anaerobic digestion plants, in the biodegradability and compostability testing of products and materials, and in waste management consultancy.